"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority ... the Constitution was made to guard against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Noah Webster


"There is no worse tyranny than forcing a man to pay for what he does not want just because you think it would be good for him."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Sunday, October 5, 2014

I'm Still Laughing

I stopped over at The Porch, like I do every day, and found this one post that really kicked over my giggle box.

Of course, what made the whole thing even funnier is that I am sure that no leftist troll would ever understand why this is so funny.

I started chuckling at "spaghetti."  Then I laughed out loud at "genetic."

Here is Tam's post:

Once upon a time...
...in a gun shop long ago and far away, there was a bunch of that Indian surplus .303 for sale. Tamara and A Gunsmith Who Shall Remain Nameless were standing behind the counter when a man came in and began looking over the merchandise.

The man saw the Indian ammunition and shook his head and said "You know, this stuff ain't even got gunpowder in it. It's all full of this stuff that looks like spaghetti. I took some apart with a genetic bullet puller." And then he left.

"He needed a genetic bullet puller," said Gunsmith Name Redacted To Protect The Innocent.

"Too late," said Tamara, "There was a kid in the car."

The End.

But Tamara's final observation nearly made me fall out of my chair.  "Too late,"  Holy $ith, Batman!  I'll laugh every time I think of that for the rest of the week. I suppose because it got me trying to imagine what an actual genetic bullet puller would look like, and even worse how it would operate.

You'd have to be somebody who has done at least a little reloading.  Some people might be able to figure it out after clicking on the pink-lettered html links.  At least, I hope so.



Thank you, Tamara.  That's why I am a faithful fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't make me disable comments because you couldn't maintain decorum and civil discourse. You can disagree all you want to, just don't get nasty.