"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority ... the Constitution was made to guard against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Noah Webster


"There is no worse tyranny than forcing a man to pay for what he does not want just because you think it would be good for him."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

Saturday, October 4, 2014

No Panic Here

A lot of experience has taught me that when it comes to the so-called "news," the stuff that seems to get people in some kind of uproar, be it outrage, morbid curiosity, or panic, is usually a distraction.

Take the Ebola thing.

I've read comments at various sites regarding the people in Dallas who have had relatively close contact with the victims, how the vomit was handled, etc.  A lot of the comments reflect fear and panic.  While a healthy respect for danger is a good thing, panic never accomplishes anything, and sometimes it just gets you dead more quickly.  Experienced pilots know this.  Survivalists know this.

The equatorial and tropical regions of Africa are not known for education or intelligence.  This has nothing to do with bigotry, it's just fact.  Just as you are not likely to find to many people with I.Q.s over 65 in most trailer parks in the U.S., even if you only surveyed people with lily white skin.

Viruses and bacteria are very different biologically, but there are certain things that microscopic biological entities share, at least in the category of those that threaten human life.  They tend to be susceptible to at least three things:  Ultra-Violet light (Sunshine), Ozone (a very reactive triplet oxygen molecule), and extreme ranges of Ph (alkaline or acid).

I've spent more than a couple of decades being an amateur practitioner of holistic and natural medicine.  Not quackery or old wives tales, but the stuff of double-blind studies, real science, and understanding how and why biological systems work at the microscopic level.

So, before I began to wonder if I should run around screaming like Chicken Little, I thought it might be a good idea to scrounge around for some solid facts and study the situation.  First, I wanted to know how fast or slow this "epidemic" was moving along.  So I looked at a few timelines.  Here is just one timeline you can look at.  Combined with what we can know about the lifestyles of the people involved, the timeline tells me Ebola just plain doesn't move that fast because it just isn't all that robust. 

The fact that it has an incubation period of between 2 and 21 days tells me that an individual's immune system is a huge determining factor on the infection and possible mortality rate.  That and about a dozen other facts by this doctor are enough for me to know that this Ebola "outbreak" is nothing for me to get all gunched up over.  Read the whole article carefully.

I am a hundred thousand times more afraid of having an immunization shot forced on me, than I would be at finding out there are 50 cases of Ebola in the state where I live. 

Take a look at this table of causes of death  to help you put this Ebola scare into perspective.


Then if you want some really interesting information on Ebola, take the time to search through related articles at Jon Rappaport's site.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't make me disable comments because you couldn't maintain decorum and civil discourse. You can disagree all you want to, just don't get nasty.